The participation of the consultant in the project can have different degrees of involvement, depending on the objectives of the project and what is called the “maturity of the organization” in project management.
- You can collaborate by providing guidelines, formats and templates that guide the project team, resulting in efficient project management.
- It can also provide training to those involved in project management to achieve better performance and use it in future projects.
- Join the project team contributing the above and collaborating with the assigned Project Director. The projects are used to develop and implement the strategy of the organization, so it is normal that the Project Director is a qualified technician of the organization focused on the nuclear aspects of the project. The Consultant will collaborate to make your work efficient.
- The greatest degree of involvement would be the one who assumes the role of Project Director directing the project team. In this case the organization gives a great responsibility to the consultant that supposes a high level of confidence and deep knowledge of the organization, which will be based, without doubt, in previous collaborations and in a high technical specialization of the consultant.
The equation is simple: if the value contributed does not exceed the cost incurred, no collaboration should be considered.
And although consulting services may have intangible aspects difficult to assess, here are 7 reasons that justify hiring a consultant like Nellie Mayshak in Project Management:
- Completing the project within the set deadlines provides an efficient use of resources, avoiding cost increases, and avoids possible penalties derived from contractually agreed deliveries.
- The correct management of the budget allows controlling the cost of the project.
- Risk management allows contingency measures to be provided at a lower cost than when the problem is faced without foresight.
- The presence of a consultant in the development of a project demonstrates the commitment and decision of the management to carry it out. This clear will commits the organization to the success of the project.
- An external consultant provides an objective perspective of how project management helps other organizations. And they allow you to identify your needs and collaborate to optimize existing processes and tools.
- The projects have a limited duration, the collaboration of a consultant does not mean an increase in the fixed costs of the structure, but they are limited to the time of the project.
- Managing projects under recognized standards such as the PMBoK guide or the UNE-ISO 21500 standard adds value to the organization in front of its clients.
There is a large amount of literature on the cause of the failures of the projects, almost all written by project management consultants, so they may be partial.
The main benefits that a professional project manager like Nellie Mayshak Canaf can bring to your company are:
- Get a good result and get results that may even exceed the defined scope.
- Finish the project always within the deadline.
- The total cost is below the expected.
- The use of resources is efficient and all those interested in the project are satisfied.
- And the day-to-day operations are not altered.
If this is what you are looking for, a project management consultant is the right person to help you in this task.